Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Travel Tips
- What are the Precautions to be taken while Performing the Yatra ?
Tibet is the highest country in the world. Therefore, it is important to take precautions when you arrive Nyalam and on the rest of the trip. Tell your guide if you do not feel well. Walk with moderation for the first day or two. Be sure to drink plenty of liquids. You may lose your appetite, but force yourself to eat as much as you can. You may experience a headache that should go away in a day or two. All symptoms should disappear within a couple days. If they get worse quickly, or do not go away, notify your guide. If necessary, you can receive treatment in Nyalam/Saga where they have a good altitude sickness hospital, but this is rarely needed.
Apart From this Tibet ( Autonomous Region of China ) is very sensitive. So must be careful in Tibet region than Nepal.
Following are the things not to do in Tibet. And it is strictly Recommended for all the Pilgrims to follow .
- Don’t give enough time to linger and feel the place. In Tibet, that’s a cardinal sin.
- Don’t zealously raise the Tibetan flag or shout Free Tibet. You won’t last long if you do, and you won’t be helping the Tibetans either
- Don’t… wander around villages and nomad camps alone. Tibetans are proud of their guard dogs, and often leave them free to wander. These dogs back up their bark with vicious bites
- Don’ take altitude sickness lightly
- Don’t sell Tibetans short as noble savages. They are a deep and mindful people
- Don’t expect to get anywhere quickly because of high altitude and bad roads.
- More important Don’t Discuss Political situation of Tibet and about against government policy other wise you will be in deep trouble and also the person to whom you talk.
- Never visit alone in Tibet Region , because you are not allowed to do so , ordered by Chinese authority, always be with group only , otherwise you will be sent back to your Home place or may be punished by Chinese authority. If not interested to go any where then only stay at hotel/guesthouse/Lodges/tents only.
- Never be too emotional with Tibetan Drivers/Citizens, Be focused on your job only.
- What should I bring when travelling to Kailash Mansarovar yatra?
- Additional / Supplementary Food
we suggest you carry some fresh fruit for your consumption, you might lose your appetite and this might be the only food you would like to eat. From our side you will get all the 3 meals ( Breakfast , Lunch & Dinner) , even then you need to carry High calorie diet, Energy Biscuits, Glucose ,Protein Diet, Snacks or any other things which is ready to eat without having side effect on your health.
- Thermal Inners for full Body ( top & Leggings)
- A Heavy Coat or Down jacket
- Wind Cheater
- Waterproof jacket/ Rain Coat
- Warm Sweaters
- Monkey Cap
- Thermal Trousers
- Thermal Gloves
- Thermal Scarf/Mufflers
- Bed sheet
- Night wear
- Thermal Socks
- Other essentials to pack include four or five pairs of cotton or woollen underwear, four or five pairs of woollen socks, long sleeve cotton or lightweight wool shirts and T-shirts. Women should avoid skirts or dresses. Comfortable, sturdy sneakers, walking shoes, or hiking boots are also recommended. Don’t forget to bring along a warm hat as well as one or two pairs of warm mittens or gloves.
- Any other things which you feel suitable to tackle minus temperature.
- Good Quality Trekking/Walking shoes
- Duffel bag
- Sleeping bag ( optional)
- Sewing Kit
- A lighter
- Electric cum Battery torch/ Flash Light
- Sunglasses- Wear ultraviolet-proof sun glasses
- Sun Block : Put on lotion to protect the skin from the strong solar radiation
- Lip Balm
- Camera ( Not expensive one)
- Plenty of Camera Films
- Wrist Watch
- Binoculars( optional)
- money pouch/belts etc
- Walking stick – can be purchased in Kathmandu
- Note book, pens and pencils.
- Nail Clipper, scissors.
- Tooth brush, Tooth paste
- Soap, Comb, Hair Oil, Mirror, Shampoo etc
- Umbrella, Rain Coat
- To play games you may bring chess, Ludo, Cards
- Neck Pillow, Air Pillow
- Audio Player /headphone/extra batteries to listen music
- battery operated shaver or razor
- Plastic bags
- Extra Batteries
- Mobile Charger
- Mobile Phones
- Wide brimmed hat.
Please Carry all necessary toilet items including small packages of tissues, Soap, Hand Wash etc, Since on the way there are limited toilet facilities or no facilities at all. We try to provide Accommodation with toilet facilities, but sometimes its beyond our control due to unavailability, in that case you would have to go outside location or you may use Toilet tent.
We don’t recommend to consume any type of medicine without Any MBBS Doctor Suggestion. Please contact your doctor for the same. Below are given some medicines name , which is generally useful during the trip, But before consuming any types of Medicine, first take suggestion from your Doctor and also check whether it is recommended by Chinese law or not to carry inside Tibet
- travellers should take some medicine for colds, headaches, stomach troubles or other minor ailments. Vitamins are also recommended.
- Try to bring the following medicines that will be very useful during your travel: cold and flu tablets, throat lozenges, nasal decongestant, Aspirin, Multivitamins, pain-killing pills, Bring enough medicine for cold, diarrhea, nausea and fever. Or you can ask your local doctor for suggestions.
- Calamine lotion is good for mild sun-burnt. Those with fair complexions should bring reflective sunscreen with them. Apply the sunscreen to your nose and lips as well.
- other recommend items are: A domestic first aid kit, water purification tablets.
- Dust mask.
- Antiseptic cream or wound disinfectant: iodine and tube squeeze cream
- Gauze pads: 3″, at least 6 pads; Gauze roll: 2-3″ rolls; Adhesive Tape: 2″ roll
- Foot care and blister treatment: Band- Aids, adhesive roll and strips, gauze pads, moleskin.
- Antibiotics: (Triethoprim/ Sulfamethoxazole- Bactrim DS or Septra DS – double strength (160mg/s 800mg). Anti diarrhoeal – Lomotil and Pepto-Bismol tablets and make sure you bring Charcoal tablets. Please see your doctor for more advice concerning antibiotics and anti diarrheal
- Diamox : 30 tablets. this is for a precaution measure taken so that participants do not fall ill due to high altitude. Please consult your doctor regarding diamox.
- Anti-inflammatory: Advil, Rufen or Mortin. Aspirin/Tylenol or general painkillers.
- Skin Antibiotic Cream/ Antifungal Ointment. Lozenges/strepsils
- safety pins, thermometer, lighter, dehydration salt (electrolytes) Packets. Foot powder and Cream. Heat Balm for muscles/joints. Vicks inhaler/vapourub.
iii. Puja ( Worship) & Fire Ceremony of God & Goddess
For Puja of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati, Please bring, incense, havan items, wood sticks, Bel Patra, camphor, chandan, and Prasad ( dry fruits) or any others things you feel suitable
- Other Essentials Include-
Emergency Contact no/Email Id of Relatives/Travel Insurance/Passport/Medical Certificate/Money /Local Travel Agent /Tour operator Contact No /Email id etc.
Note- Please don’t bring too much of your valuables/ or even don’t bring at all. Such as laptops/jewellery/Expensive Mobiles etc.